BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Singapore Trip

Date: 15.3.2011
Day: Tuesday

Jason and me got an invitation from Ben Aw from Singapore to attend a talk by Ken Chee.
I departed from KL Central at 10pm Monday.
Sat in the KTM for almost 10 hours. OMG!! Luckily there is a bed for me to sleep. Haha!
We reached Woodlands customs and went down. My first encounter was.... THE KTM OFFICER scream at me, asking me not to take photos. Wtf! After the custom checking, we went back up to KTM.
We reached SG at about 9pm and met up with Ben Aw!
Ben, I would like to say a big big thanks to you!
You are really a great great man and will be a good mentor! I am planning to ask you to be our mentor tomorrow!! Hope there will be a good news!
Ben brought us to have breakfast. The Dim Sum was nice!!! Really had a soft pau, crunch dunno what and a thick soya bean drink.
We have a chat about entrepreneurs, business opportunities, sharing of experience and some motivation opinion exchange. His words really motivated me a lot!! I learn so much and will implement it in my life.
Walk the Talk! Talking is cheap!!
One thing I love about Singapore is, everything is about SPEED! Good! No procrastination! Efficiency and Effectiveness are crucial and the key element they practice here. I will enjoy this life!! Haha!!
And also...there is a Mc Cafe here and a new burger at Mc D SG! Will be trying out that burger tomorrow if there is a chance!
Ben is so kind that he also sponsored us for accommodation at hotel at a place call Little India! I am now posting this post at an Indian CC! Haha!! The hotel was okay. We got almost everything we need there. :) Thanks Ben again!
Oh oh!! How could I miss this. Ben brought us to the sea side and for lunch after our discussion in the morning. The beach was.. WOW! Clean although there is a BUSY port over there. From the seaside, we can see hundred of ships 'parking' at the port! Wow! Amazing view. And also, according to Ben, in the night, there will be MANY airplanes LINING UP in the sky to land at Changi Airport! WTF man! They have the busiest port and airport although they are so small compared to malaysia!
One thing I learn here: MINDSET of people can be the destiny of the country! Haha!
TELL YOU ALL SOMETHING! TRY OUT THE KATONG LAKSA AT SINGAPORE!!
It is DAMN nice!! I could have it everyday la!! Haha!
Oh ya.. The rental of a small shoplot in the city area is..... 12k Singapore Dollar and it's not the most expensive rate YET! Convert to RMS? Haha!
Back to the hotel...
We have some rest and we went down for a tour around Little India. It is called little India for some reasons. The population here is most Indians and the shops here are Indian shops! Haha!
After that, i had a short nap and Ben picked us up at 5.00pm. We went to the venue of the talk straight away to set up technical stuff.
Honestly, I was quite worried and nervous. Because later on we will be meeting business people, entrepreneurs and also many Singaporeans. Hmm.. Haha!
HOWEVER, I managed to build my confidence to talk and once I set off , with the momentum I made a lot of friends, got plenty of name cards and FB adds! Social media - FB is really something phenomenal! OMG! I overheard a conversation between a participant and the registration counter lady. The participant said she got the news from FB and straight came to the event. Wow! First time I really realize the power of social media. ^^
Ken Chee, the speaker of the night! HE IS FREAKING DAMN awesome!! Really! He is one of the best speaker I had ever met. More details about his speech is at my last post, written by Jason. Thanks Jason.
I am currently more more motivated and I have made a promise to myself! I want to change and be someone different! I will be a better person from now onwards!
Entrepreneurship!
Start to love this journey!!
Ended my night with going CC with JASON!! He forced me because he want to .. Haiz.. LS! Actually I was not feeling well. I think I took something wrong causing the pain in my stomach! Quite suffer but after visiting the toilet for few times, I got energetic again! I am going to be a tourist tomorrow morning!!
Come on Singapore! Welcome me! Haha!!

Nights all

EgoSky - Wincent Ch'ng
Now or Never
16.3.2011

0 comments: